When I was a young man.
当我还年轻时
I had liberty, but I did not see it.
我拥有自由却从未认识到
I had time, but I did not know it.
我拥有时间却毫不知情
And I had love, but I did not feel it.
我拥有爱却从未感觉到
Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three.
直到数十年过去后我才真正理解了这三者的含义
And now, the twilight of my life, misunderstanding has past into contentment.
而垂暮之年的我,这领悟让我感到满足
Love, liberty, and time: once was so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward.
曾经能自由支配的爱、自由以及时间,是支持我前进的动力
And love, most especially, mia caro.
而爱是最为特别的
For you, our children, our brothers and sisters.
亲爱的,为你、为我们的孩子以及为我们的兄弟姐妹们
And for the vast and wonderful world that gives us lives and keeps us guessing,
为这赐予我们生命与惊奇的广阔精彩世界
Endless affection,mio Sofia,
至死不渝的挚爱——索菲亚
Forever yours, Ezio Auditore.
永远爱你的艾吉奥·奥迪托雷。
|